The Human Resources Manager originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards. The Human Resources Manager will lead the ongoing development in line with the company values.
Objectives of the Human Resources Manager:
- Development of a superior workforce.
- Development of a team-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Personal ongoing development
- Legal compliance and risk minimisation
- Health and safety of the workforce
The major areas the Human Resources Manager manages will include:
- Support recruiting and staffing
- Organizational departmental planning
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Organization and personal development plans
- Compliance with regulatory concerns regarding employees
- Employee on-boarding, development, needs assessment, and training
- Policy development and documentation
- Employee relations and counselling
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health
- Maintaining a positive culture
- Charitable giving
HR – Conduct Company Induction and Issue New Starter Pack
HR – Liaise with Accounts on payroll
HR – HR Administration including order uniforms, diarise birthdays, maintain holiday log etc
HR – Maintain culture system and activities
HR – Liaise with NatWest Mentor for all HR matters
HR – Issue letters/forms for all HR matters
HR – Attend meetings as note taker
HR – Attend tribunal hearings if required
H&S – Liaise with NatWest Mentor on all H&S
H&S – Maintain H&S documentation and records
H&S – Maintain, train and communicate employee safety schemes
H&S – Liaise with on-site QC to ensure H&S standards maintained on site, document and act as appropriate on non-conformances.
- Leads company employment compliance with all existing governmental and labour, legal and government reporting requirements including any related to Equal Employment Opportunity, Disabilities Act and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to tribunals and court actions.
- Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with laws. Approves all information submitted. Serves as the primary contact with the company employment lawyer and outside government agencies.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations. Minimizes risk.
Monthly reports for Board Meeting:
Minute and report monthly HR meeting
Minute and report monthly H&S meeting
Human Resources Manager Job Requirements
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organisational planning, recruitment, organisation development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR department staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Human Resources Systems.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and experience working with a corporate employment lawyer.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes.
- Evidence of the ability to practice and coach organization managers in the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Preferable – HR qualification (CIPD Level 7)
For more information or to apply please email: